Wednesday, November 21, 2007

emotionally attached

One fine day I asked the doctor (I used to go this clinic because of its friendly lady doctor each time not feeling well) how she feels about being one. Her reply came without hesitation: "It's intellectually stimulating, but you deal with real issues – sick & dying ppl. And you're emotionally attached to them, and it's not easy." She then added, "we have to be emotionally attached to our patients to truly give good care as a doctor."

I found this level of commitment very heartening. Although we might think that some emotions seem irrational, it is entirely rational to have emotions.

How much are emotions worth? Can they be bought? It seems unlikely - especially if those emotions are genuine. Something you can't buy with money yet you would easily pay for. I thk we've just got to be lucky in life to find genuine experiences.

I am wondering why some people can ignore this feeling just like that. They seem able to close their eyes, back stabbing, pretending they know nothing. As long as in the eyes of the boss they are superb!! Well I cld sense this here...

No comments: