Saturday, March 29, 2008

hitch hike

yesterday i saw these 2 girls were hitch hiking the passers by for a ride. i dont stop except was giving them a kind of look and start mumbling in my head 'beraninya depa ni, kang kena culik tak pasal je'. but frankly i did the same thing during that age. impatient to wait for the bus to come. i used to hitch hike during my schooling time. the port was at the bus stop in front of smss. next to istana lama kayu tanpa paku (this was what friends told me while we're chit chatting/waiting for the bus to come at the bus stop). i m not sure it is still there or not now. one day a car stopped by to give me and a friend ride to pasar payang. err i like to merayau kat pasar payang looking for tapai ubi and buah keranji packed in the small packages. satu seringgit. oops i m dragging things away. OK back to the story, what a coincident. that man was happened to be my school principal (en haris hamidon) younger brother. he and his wife were also on their way to pasar payang that saturday morning. while in his car odw to reach pasar, we were asked about our name, tingkatan berapa, siapa cikgu kelas n not forgetting advice to excel in the studies. see my points here how nice and caring people would be at that time, somewhere in the late 80s. well reading Bergen's blog make me reminisced about my old days in smss !! something that i haven't relate and think off for long time since i left school there.

5 comments:

cakapaje said...

Salam Mek Na,

Years ago, it was rather safe to go hitchhiking. But nowadays, even I am afraid to do so...manalah tau, they kidnap me! If - the they are young ladies - then I willingly follow, but if they are nasty cannibals? I'll stick to walking, if you don't mind :)

Mek Na said...

salam back 2u cakapaje, thx for dropping your few lines

ye la those days were gone. hehe if i were u, i also like to be kidnapped by cute ladies but me being a lady, ee tak sanggup la even by handsome gentlemen...btw walking is good for our health. i frequent brisk walking early morning in the weekend...but takut2 gak...kang kena kidnap tak pasal je :)

BoxxTomoi said...

saya selalu komen yang tak related dengan tajuk ... apa jadi pada gambar little gal yang kena tiup angin tu .. there something about that pic.
Bulan Ogos akan buat satu lagi big fight .. ingat2 nak jemput blogger (tak semestinya sport related) .. so that you got first hand feel about muay thai ... put you in my list ... nanti2 kalau jadi saya jemput .. tapi duit sendiri .. makan dengan boxer saya tanggung & duduk (berdiri) dekat ring .. this time I make sure Mr.Bergen be there too.
Salaam.

Mek Na said...

boxxtomoi...tak pe. biasalah terbabas dr tajuk tu :) wah sound interesting. x sabar nak pi. harap tak clash dgn jadual kelas saya. ye la dah tua2 cam ni baru nak belajar

oh pasal gambar girl in pink tu...ya la gambar tu special sikit. still dlm simpanan. actually gambar tu sy tangkap dr table calendar ayah saya.masa tgh mengemaskan mejanya...belek2 table calendar, terus jatuh hati kat gambar tu

TedungS said...

I'd say whoa whoa whoa, they gotta be Serious?! With our alarmingly increase in crime rate, better be late than sorry